Sunday, March 4, 2007

She figured it out...

After all the snow we received here, Sheely figured out how to jump the fence this weekend. I guess it doesn't take much when she only had about a 2-3 ft spread to jump. I worked at the Home Show till 9:30 pm last night and Ryan went snowmobiling all day till 9pm last night. When we got home, Sheely wasn't here. I was a little scared, only to find a note on our front door from a neighbor stating that Sheely was in their garage. He said she had jumped the fence about five times before he decided to take her home with him. Thank god for friendly neighbors always watching out for us.

After church today, Ryan and I decided to shovel the drifts around the house to ground level so she cannot jump the fence - thinking we would outsmart her. WRONG. She still figured it out. All she wanted to do is go play with her friend, Duece, a white German Shepard who lives next door to us. Duece is 4 times Sheely's size, but they love to play together and size doesn't matter to either of them.

I guess this confirms our decision to kennel her. As much as I hate locking animals up in a kennel, we have no choice now. I'm sure the next thing we will deal with is a barking dog! Oh my.

4 Comments:

Kerrie said...

Oh my indeed! That was super nice of your neighbor though.

Home Seller said...

I am laughing about Sheely sneaking out to go play with her friend. Sounds like something you use to do!
ok, updated pics of the bathroom?

Tracy said...

TOO FUNNY! You have good neighbors!! One of these days our dogs are going to wonder as well...hopefully Justin doesn't find WILSON! I don't think he'd get to come home...(sigh)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates