Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Addicted!

Ok, so I am starting to believe that I am addicted to blogging. During my 3 hr class (Investments = boring) on Monday night, I am trying to be a tentative student by listening to the teacher and comment on any questions he asks the class. By about the 2nd hour, I am seriously bored and trying to stay away from the blog world. But, of course, couldn't do it because I needed to do something to keep me awake. So, I load up my blog site and start reading blogs...and I'm having fun reading them as everyone wrote very interesting stuff on Monday. In the meantime, I stop periodically to look at the teacher and nod my head once in awhile so he still thinks I'm listening. By this time, my mind has shut down on listening to "How to price a stock and what price would you pay to get a return on your investment?" and start wandering and thinking about "crocs" and "Class Ring" and "being an intrusive blogger" and "little stinker" and "Dawson in SFalls"...the great blogs that come after a weekend. Without thinking, my fingers are going a mile a minute commenting on some of the Monday blogs not realizing what is going on in class. All of a sudden, the room gets quiet, I keep punchin' away on the keys, my teacher is still talking, but my fellow classmates are staring at me. So, I stop, look up and my teacher says, "Brandi, what do you think about this?" And, I was speachless. I respond, "Think about what?" He starts laughing and says that he has been talking to me for the past 5-10 minutes and I wasn't realizing it. So, I get defensive only because I'm tired and was not in the mood for class, and say, "I'm sorry, but I can only listen to this stuff for so long." The class starts laughing but my teacher didn't think much of it only because he is one of the big investment gooroo's at Wells Fargo. Its a good thing I have a good relationship with him and am doing well in the class because he really doesn't have any ammo against me.

Now, back to being addicted. I'm guilty in the first degree. And, after reading Kerrie's blog about whether its right or wrong to be intrusive on others' lives...well, I don't think that is the case. There is a reason why people blog. If they don't want you to know something about them, then they wouldn't post or choose the option to show the world their blogs. At first, I thought it was stupid and never thought I would EVER find the time to do it. Ya know what, I will always find the time to do something I enjoy. Not only that, I am finding that I am more in touch with some of my friends whom I don't talk to on the phone or see every day, weekly, monthly or even yearly. Its great to read different views that people have on specific topics; or what is going on with their children/family (I love the funny stories about what kids are doing and saying). Its fun for me to get those comments at work as it enlightens my day to think of my friends instead of just work. So, cheers to all of my friends reading this....go bloggers! (giggle).

7 Comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Brandi, I'm always afraid of getting caught in class not paying attention. So far, it hasn't happened. I'm SO busy reading blogs and surfing the internet. Don't you have a friend next to you that can kick you when you're being called on and not paying attention??!! If not, I suggest you get one of those! :)

Tracy said...

I agree with Andrea! You need a friend that can kick you when needed!! So glad that you are blogging! I haven't seen you in so long and I am so happy for you with Ryan and the life you have now. Although you work too much! HA! But I can't wait to see what you are up too! Thanks for blogging!!

Home Seller said...

I am laughing because I can see me doing the exact same thing! I am addicted to blogging too now! I go on a couple times a day just to see if anyone has commented on others or updated. I agree that it is so nice to see what everyone is up to when we aren't able to talk on the phone as much, etc. Keep it up Bloggin'BFF ;-)

Kerrie said...

That is SO funny, B! We need for you to make a stop at the Meyer house the next time you're in Madison to say hello!!!

Amanda said...

HA! I agree with Andrea - you need to sit by someone who can notify you when you're being called out in class! I'm a bloggin addict as well B! I don't always have something to say but I love reading other blogs.

Amber said...

I'll take full responsibility for your new addictive habit!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates