Thursday, March 15, 2007

I think.......

my dog is pregnant! I came home from work today over my lunch hour and let her out of her kennel. Ok, I should go back a few days...last weekend I bought a used kennel for Sheely. She now has her own space with her dog house and loves it! And, being the worry wort that I have been about kenneling her, I am finally at ease knowing that she is happy. When its time to "kennel up", she runs right in there and is completely fine with it. Once in awhile she will wimper, but that's the extent of it. I hope she doesn't figure out how to "bark". ha.

Anyway, so I come home from work over lunch today and let her out to hang with me while I eat and chill a bit. I was rubbing her belly and noticed she is starting to get bags. She has been in heat for the past 3-4 weeks and during that time, I also noticed her developing tits. So, I'm somewhat excited about this, not that I want a bunch of pups running around, but the fact that my dog "might" be pregnant is kind of exciting. I've noticed since she's been in heat that she has been very clicky with me and has to be everywhere I am - even when I go to the bathroom. Its cute, but gets annoying once in awhile. She has also started listening very well and her whole mannerisms are amazing. She hasn't wanted to play "fetch" like she use to. I told Ryan last weekend that I thought it was odd and she's been so droopy lately. But, of course didn't think much of it.

Anyway, so I call the vet to tell them whats been going on. I asked if it was normal for a dog to get tits during their heat cycle, and she said no. Then, I asked if it sounds like she might be pregnant. She said, well, yes its very possible. If she's not pregnant she could be having a bad pregnancy and might be miscarriaging (if thats what ya call it in dog-terms). So, I set up an appointment to get her checked out next week Tuesday...so, I'll definitely keep you posted.

The scary thing is, we haven't seen her in contact with any other dog. The dogs she has played with are fixed/nuetered. So, if she is pregnant, we have no idea what the mix will be. Those couple of days when we were gone and she jumped the fence, very well could have done the job. I guess we will find out next Tues!

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Im glad things seem to be going well with your puppy. She sounds like she is doing better. Let me konw about pregnant I'm excited to hear about it.

Home Seller said...

You are going to be a Grandma!!! Keep me posted Grandma B!!!!!

Amber said...

Kate ~ you're cracking me up!!!!

Kerrie said...

So part lab and part sneeky dog down the street. Ah, the very best kind. :)

Andrea said...

Who knew you'd be a grandma before a mom?! So exciting! Hope you have at least 10!!

Everyone's been bugging my sister to have a baby. Two weeks ago she sent out a baby announcement to everyone. The announcement stated they were the proud grandparents of 6 babies! Babies meaning puppies!! Her male dog got a friend's dog pregnant. She wanted to know if we were all finally satisfied. I said heck NO!

Home Seller said...

Now that I think I am so funny, I am thinking of names for you Grandma, Granny, GB, Grandma Bster, Glama' (that is what my mom kept saying she wanted to be called), NanaB, FAncy Face Grandma....oh, Sheely making your Granny so proud...

Home Seller said...

Now that I think I am so funny, I am thinking of names for you Grandma, Granny, GB, Grandma Bster, Glama' (that is what my mom kept saying she wanted to be called), NanaB, FAncy Face Grandma....oh, Sheely making your Granny so proud...

Brandi said...

Nice Kate! Only you would come up with such "fancy" names for me. Ha. I was rolling at work on Fri - so thanks for the giggles!!

Tracy said...

That is cool...I have to admit though that I wouldn't want to take care of puppies but they sure are cute!! Both of our dogs are "fixed" so we didn't have to worry about that. That and we thought it would help with the "chewing" and "being hyper" with Wilson. IT WORKED!

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates