Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Flock ~

I just got off work...and need to vent a bit. I started getting up at 5am to go to the gym every morning this week. When we (Amanda, Ryan's sister, and I) arrived this morning around 5:30am, I found a line of people standing outside the building. My first thought was that we might have been sleep walking and ended up at Best Buy during Christmas time. I couldn't figure out what was going on (still half asleep). I asked Amanda what was going on and she thought the gym opened at 5am - only to find out it opened at 5:30am and these people flock to the elyptical (sp) machines & treadmills to make sure they get on a machine. Now, I thought I was crazy for getting up that early in the morning, but it seemed to be a normal thing for these other folks. At the same time, I was enlightened as I watched each of them get started with their morning work out. This has simply become a normal part of their day. They are working men/women who may have families to be home to every night after work, cook supper, etc. There just isn't time for them to do this in the evenings. I thought to myself, "Now that I am getting back into the swing of working out, I need to make this a part of my every day life." Its tough getting up that early, but must say that I "feel" better after a hard workout and have had a more positive attitude going to work, school, and back to work again.

Monday - 5:30-7am workout; 8-5 work; 5:30-8:15pm school; and back to work 8:30-11 last night.

Tues - 5:30-7 workout; 8am - 10pm work.
Wed - 5:30-7am workout; 8-5pm work; 5:30-8:30 class; will finally be home early to see Ryan.
Thurs - 8-6pm work; 6-11 (or later) work...as I do payroll for the company and never know what time I will be off.
Fri - 5:30-7am workout; 8-5 (or whenever I get off) work - and hope for an evening with Ryan.
Sat-Sun: I won't get into this...but, do end up working some hours over the wkend.

Now, its starting to make sense to me. If I hadn't gotten up to work out the past couple mornings, I wouldn't have had time to do it in the evening. I am realizing for me to stay happy and positive, I need to be doing this every morning; not only for the weight loss, but to stay sane with my busy life. I don't see this "lightening up" anytime soon or until I am done with school. Anyway, I didn't mean to get carried away here, but had to chuckle about the crazy work-out gooroo's in the morning!

5 Comments:

Amber said...

I was rolling about your Best Buy line...that was a riot!

Jennie Thompson said...

I think you work too much!

Home Seller said...

Brandi - that is awesome that you can get up so early to work out. Honestly I DO NOT know how you do it. I sleep until the very last minute. if it is 6:44 and I am not getting up until 6:45, I sleep!I am on a minute to minute schedule in the morning and know the exact minute I have to leave to get to school on time. I agree that you work too much!! Don't forget you need some "just you" relaxing time. I am rolling at your "best buy" comment as well. You are too funny.

Julie said...

Blach...
I think you and I need to go back to Cancun so we can have a little R&R time! And...I am so proud of you for getting up so early to go workout! Keep up the good work!

And...YES...you do work tooooo much! :0)

Tracy said...

You have great ambition...I wouldn't get up that early if you paid me. But I guess I am still getting up with a baby in the middle of the night. SLEEP is precious!! I wish I could find time to work out...but it makes me tired thinking of it! HA!

Yes...you work WAY TOO MUCH! When are you done with school??

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates