Sunday, February 25, 2007

Let it snow!!!

Just when I thought it was starting to get nice, we get more snow. I don't mind it so much because I enjoy the beauty of it; I just don't care for the icy roads. Ryan and I spent our weekend cleaning the house since there wasn't much we could do outside because of the weather. At around 8pm last night, we got a wild hair to paint his bathroom. So, I get my painting clothes on and am all excited about it...for those of you who don't know, I LOVE to paint! Then, we started talking about putting a new vanity/sink/mirror in his bathroom. Well, all of this must be done before painting; so we decided to wait. Of couse, I'm excited to get this project done because I am going to put my shower curtain and rugs in his bathroom, so I can go buy a new one. I'm ready for a change in my bathroom and they don't seem to care what they have. Men are easy to please - most of the time. He has a countertop picked out and will be ordering that soon so we can get rid of his "bachelor" bathroom (gray/white sponge painted walls - looks kinda like thunder clouds) on the main floor. I have always enjoyed picking colors out and designing a different look to a room. I told him that when he is ready to sell this place, he will need to start doing some work to update it a little. So, we talked about putting a new countertop in the kitchen and painting the whole upstairs a darker color. He currently has "light beige" (almost white) walls in every room in this house except my bathroom which he painted for me when I moved in. Thank god! haha. So, I'm trying to talk him into putting a dark red or brown on two walls in the kitchen, but I don't know if he'll go for that. ha.

Today, we got up early to blow snow and shovel. We went across the street to do our neighbors driveway and sidewalks as well. Her husband drives truck and isn't around a lot, so we try to help her out as much as we can. He even taught me how to use the snowblower...but I'm not sure that was a good idea. ha. After that, Levi, David (Ryan's cousin) Ryan and I went for brunch at Spezia and I'm still full. I went to work for about 5 hours this afternoon and just got home not too long ago. Ryan went snowmobiling with his cousin. I think they are planning a trip to the Hills next weekend. He's been on the phone trying to round up some boys to go. They will leave Thurs night and come back Sun or Mon. He's getting excited already...just like a kid in a candy store. I guess this wraps up my weekend!

7 Comments:

Tracy said...

When you get done with your house...can you come paint mine??! HA!! I am tired of my beige walls!!

Brandi said...

Ha...anytime Tracy! Let me know when you are ready to rock-n-roll. I love to paint and would love to help ya. Ryan and I helped Nick & Julie when they moved into their new house...had a great time doing it!

Home Seller said...

you should have been on the Sizer painting crew for all of those years then!! I am trying to come up with something to paint our bathroom, but there are grey tiles on the walls so I am having a hard time. I love when you write in your blog, so keep it up.

Home Seller said...

oh and I am laughing at you wanting to put a new shower curtain, etc. up - imagine that - you would change your shower curtains and bedspreads in college more than Jeanine changed her underwear ;-) you would not be impressed with our guest bedroom -- i have my bedspread on there that I used in college, but I did tell Aaron that I am on the hunt for a new one!!!

Amber said...

I laughed about Ryan's bathroom because him and I had a big converstion about his bathroom at Nick's party. He told me that he's NEVER changing it because he likes it. Hmmm....that NEVER turned into 2 weeks later! HA!

Brandi said...

Kate - I'm rolling at your comment. I havet gotten better about not buying a new bedspread or shower curtain every 6 mo...um, its time you get a new bedspread in your spare bedroom....maybe you can buy one of mine when I have a rummage sale! HA!

Amber - ya, he is seriously worse than a girl when it comes to paint colors on a wall...because he builds these fancy houses and does all this fancy painting in them. You would think he'd want to get rid of the storm clouds in his bathroom and update it a little bit. seriously!! Ha.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandi,

You are welcome to paint my house anytime.....you might have to talk Brad into letting you paint tho! NIce seeing what you ar eup to! Take care!
Sheila

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates