Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rough Weekend - Part 2





Monday's visit to her doctor was sad. She ended up getting 16 stitches between her groin and both legs. Not only that, but she has to wear this ugly cone on her head for two weeks so she doesn't tear off her bandages or stitches. The vet prescribed yet another med to add to the list as well as applying antibiotic salve to her wounds. I cannot even remember to take my own vitamins everyday, let alone try to keep up with all these meds and how many times a day she needs them. But, the motherly instinct sets in when needed. It hasn't been that bad taking care of her. She was moving very slow on Tues and I'm sure its due to tenderness from the stitches. I took her back yesterday to get new bandages put on and to find out one of her legs is not healing. Its going to take a little longer than expected. She hasn't been eating or drinking much since the accident, so I am hoping she will get use to this cone on her head and buck up. She runs into everything, and I just have to laugh. Its almost like having a drunk dog around. Other than that, she is doing fine and seems to be in good spirits!


7 Comments:

Amber said...

To bad Easter wasn't coming up...she'd be already for church in her Easter Bonnet!

Brandi said...

I'm rolling. Its funny you say that because I tell everyone she looks like Little Bo Peep - with her bonnet on! HA!

Tracy said...

POOOOOR Puppy!! I hope she's feeling MUCH BETTER soon!! She does look like Little Bo Peep!! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you guys are hilarious. Poor puppy. Scout has chewed off two wraps and we finally had to put a sock over his wound because he was starting with this one, and he also chewed out his stitches yesterday, but hey at least I don't have to pay to get them out. haha. Dogs are just like kids.

Home Seller said...

oh my gosh, sorry Sheely I was trying not to laugh at the cone. Poor dog! Take care of your baby!

Home Seller said...

hey, look on the bright side...what if she would have been prego too? You would have been Grandma taking care of your baby and your grandbabies .... or puppies I should say ;-)

Andrea said...

Oh, that sounds so painful!! Poor puppy!

I'm sure that I'd get a kick out of watching the "drunk" dog, though! :)

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates