Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A day to remember...June 18

June 18 was a very memorable day for me. I turned 30. And, not only did I turn 30, but Ryan asked me to marry him! Yes, it was the most amazing moment. It was 7:15am, I was getting ready for work and Ryan went out to the garage to give Sheely her medicine so I could take her to the vet for "another" checkup. As I was getting ready, I heard Ryan yelling for me, in a panic, to come out to the garage. So, I run out there not understanding what is wrong. Ryan never gets worked up like this. So, he proceeds to tell me that Sheely ripped out her stitches. I had a hard time believing this because she is still wearing the cone on her head. He starts laughing at me and says he's kidding. By this time, he is already on one knee and I didn't realize it. He then says, "I have something to ask you." I was like, "What? I need to finish getting ready." He then asks me to marry him with the ring in his hand. I was speechless, in shock, feelings of anxiety and happiness began to overwhelm me which kept me from answering his question. After I pulled myself together, I accepted. He was trying to find a way to put the ring on Sheely's neck, but was having a tough time due to her bonnet. Anyway, it was great! This was a day I wish I could have just stayed home from work to gather my thoughts and feelings as I was not "thinking straight" at work all day. A week ago, he called my Dad to get his permission to marry me. This meant so much to me. Not only that, but he also asked my brother, Eric, for his blessing. Eric and I are very close so this was very meaningful as well.

After my wonderful day at work, Ryan and I had been planning on going out for dinner for my birthday. So, we decided to meet his sister and her husband for drinks at Boston's and then decide where we were going to eat. Upon my arrival waited about 40 people...friends and family, ready to help me celebrate my big day. It was amazing. I was not expecting my 30th birthday to turn out the way it did. And, for Ryan to do such a great job of planning and staying so calm through it all was exceptional.

The ring....I know you are all ancy to find out what it looks like. I tried taking a picture of, but it did not turn out well. I have a white gold band, princess cut solitaire with 5 diamonds down each side. Then, the most exciting part about this ring is a "rose gold" piece (looks like bronze) that wraps around the band with little pink diamonds all around it. Its gorgeous and so different! I will keep working on trying to take a good picture of it...but, am struggling right now.

Anyway, I wanted to share this as it was a beautiful day. I am very happy and excited to marry Ryan as he is truly a great guy. I couldn't ask for a better man to spend the rest of my life with. I do consider myself lucky to have come across such a great man! The silly thing is, neither of us would have ever thought about dating each other when we were in high school. God has a way of bringing two together and helping one find love when they are least expecting it! xoxo

11 Comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's super awesome!
Congrats Brandi!!

Home Seller said...

I am so excited for you Brandi! Definitely a birthday to remember!!!

Julie said...

Congrats BFF! I am sooo happy for you guys and we adore Ryan to pieces. I was so happy he asked me to help him with the whole ring process. And, your party was so fun! Glad we could make it and hang out with wild Joni! Love you guys!!!

Tracy said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRANDI!!! I am SOOOO happy for you. You deserve the best! It sounds like he is the perfect man!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome B-
It's about time!!! (Like I can talk :) ) My mom told me last night so I was waiting for your email today. I'll look at your ring when you and Ryan come visit me....wink wink. Congrats and I will talk to you soon. Tell Ryan hi.
Cuz Brian

Andrea said...

Congrats!! Although turning 30 might not have been great (at least for me it wasn't), getting engaged defintely helped make the day a happy one! :)

So have you set a date yet?

Kerrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I couldn't be happier for you. Happy belated 30th!

Kerrie said...

Have you found a way to post a pic. of your ring? I can't wait to see it. It sounds beautiful!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Brandi! I'm SOOO happy for you! You deserve the best and it sounds like you found it!

Kerrie said...

B! It's SEPTEMBER! Show us that ring already!!!

Ella said...

Hi Brandi, Thanks for sharing your blog, what a wonderful story, sounds like Ryan is quiet the romancer, I had no idea... :0) Can't wait for the wedding!

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates